- Via Andy Ihnatko, this cartoon gave me a serious giggle fit.
- According to Politico, the race is over, and Obama won.
- This will either be brilliant or a train wreck: Morgan Spurlock (of Super-Size Me) goes after Osama bin Laden.
- Via Rainer, vitally important research on the effectiveness of tinfoil helmets:
[W]e find that although on average all helmets attenuate invasive radio frequencies in either direction (either emanating from an outside source, or emanating from the cranium of the subject), certain frequencies are in fact greatly amplified. These amplified frequencies coincide with radio bands reserved for government use…. We speculate that the government may in fact have started the helmet craze for this reason.
- The OED’s definition of trondhjemite: Any leucocratic tonalite, esp. one in which the plagioclase is oligoclase.
- Paul Krugman on interstellar trade (PDF). No, really.
- Ten bullet points enumerating your right to take photos in public places.